Saturday, October 15, 2011

The beginning....

I have always meant to write a blog, it's always been on my bucket list. Where did that term start? Anyhow, I've just never actually gotten around to it. As I was going about my everyday life this week I realized just how much I have to write about.


As a journalist, I am asked to cover a wide variety of topics. My most recent article has been one on Spirit Week, Liberty's newest tradition. The day I chose to conduct interviews for this article happened to be the "student's choice" day for the week, the students voted and chose Superhero Day. So, I spent this particular day running, in heels, after students dressed like superheroes.


The exact moment that I decided to start a blog I was running full speed down a hall after a student who was dressed in a full Batman costume. At the same time I was talking on the phone with a dear friend who was trying to get directions to my school. As I slowly began to gain on Batman I hung up on my friend after saying "I'll call you back, I've almost caught Batman." As soon as I clicked my phone shut I realized how utterly ridiculous that must have sounded to him. When I called him back a few minutes later to resume giving directions he never once asked me what I had meant. This lead me to the amusing realization that my friends just expect me to say things that they would probably never hear from anyone else.


This is mainly for my own entertainment, though if it entertains others I won't complain :)


And maybe someday I'll figure out how to make this look cute, rather than just having a boring background :)

6 comments:

  1. THIS ISN'T WORKING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOAH!!! GET OUT!!! It works! BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Ok. I'm done now. I just wanted to know if you ever caught Batman? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyyyy! Look!!!!!!!! You has a blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about Batman. Did you ever catch that masked hero? Thanks for inviting me along for the ride. I love you, mom.
    PS Rats! That's what I get for being spontaneous and goofing around with the name choice. Just so you know, I'm me. :)

    ReplyDelete