Monday, April 30, 2012

The CLAB

As I was sitting in the clab this evening, I realized that I don't have very many more nights that I'll be studying in a place like that.

I know I posted a list in my last post, but here's another one :)

Why I love the clab....
1. The wide diversity of the people in the clab. In less than a minute, I spotted people from India, Asia, Puerto Rico, Africa, Canada, Mexico and, of course, the States.
2. The shark-like movements of students as they circle the computers, looking for an open one.
3. The rush for an open couch when someone leaves.
4. The random guy wandering around, clicking off the number of students in the clab. I've always wondered what they do with those numbers...
5. The 3339 Coms Family, y'all know who you are :)
6. The one awkward couple that is clearly beyond twitterpated and well on their way to a ring by spring type of relationship.
7. The fact that there is a social and a study atmosphere at the same time.
8. Swiping your card at midnight, sounds nerdy but it's a fun to see everyone wandering in the direction of the front desk.
9. The vending machine that's never run out for as long as I've been here.
10. That moment when the lights go out as they start to close down for the night.
11. Seeing random friends throughout the night.
12. The random kid that's unconscious on the floor, papers floating all over the place.

I will definitely be missing the clab, nerdy as that may be :)

1 comment: